November 14, 2019
Linguistic Systems Achieves ISO 18587 Certification for the Quality of its Ai Translate by LSI™ Machine Translation Post-Editing Process
ISO 18587 is Linguistic Systems’ 4th ISO Certification
Boston, MA – November 14, 2019 – Linguistic Systems, Inc. (LSI) announces that it has achieved ISO 18587 certification for the quality of its Ai Translate by LSI™ machine translation post-editing process. The certification applies to the quality of the human post-editing process and output for Ai Translate by LSI™ Statistical Machine Translation (SMT) as well as Ai-based Neural Machine Translation (NMT).
The importance of the certification is that clients of Ai Translate by LSI™ and Linguistic Systems can feel confident about the quality and clarity of machine-translated content when they opt to enhance it with human post-editing. Linguistic Systems maintains a carefully screened and certified network of 7,500 translators, and the company offers 6 quality levels to fit specific project needs and budgets. Machine translation plus human post-editing (certified by the ISO 18587 standard) is often 30-50% less than full human translation.
AI Translate by LSI™ is a unique, secure, translation services solution. The solution has nearly a decade of experience supporting more than 1,000 users and hundreds of millions of translated pages. Clients include major AmLaw 100 and other international law firms, leading eDiscovery service companies, government agencies, and Fortune 500 corporations.
Ai Translate by LSI™ includes a proprietary, secure, best-in-class, SaaS application and set of services that enable clients with a high volume of foreign language content to translate it quickly, accurately, and more affordably than using traditional methods. Ai Translate is also available as the Ai Translate Plugin™ for Relativity — serving clients of all supported versions of Relativity and RelativityOne.
Ai Translate by LSI™ includes all of the following:
- Ability to order human translation from and to as many as 120 languages by leveraging human translation services from Linguistic System’s carefully screened and certified network of 7,500 translators;
- 88 proprietary machine translation (MT) engines which enable machine translation and post-editing to and from 34 language pairs, and which incorporate artificial intelligence, machine learning, and direct ordering of translation;
- 5 embedded translation quality options — ranging from the highest quality human translation plus editing to rapid inexpensive Statistical Machine Translation (SMT) or Neural Machine Translation (NMT). These options include the ability to enhance SMT and NMT with human post-editing, and all options are orderable from a single user interface or API;
- Ability to enhance machine translation (MT) results with custom glossaries of difficult to translate proprietary industry expressions, acronyms, product names, keywords, places, personal names, and unique cultural terms;
- Automatic free language detection as part of the translation ordering process;
- Ability to use several translation services within the same project to optimize the quality, turnaround time, and cost associated with each content type and translation purpose;
- Ability to secure consulting expertise and project support from Linguistic Systems’ team of translation experts, leveraging the company’s more than 50 years of deep knowledge across dozens of industries;
- ISO 27001 Information Security Systems certification of technology and processes;
- Additional certifications including ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems and ISO 17100 Translation Quality Management Systems.
Mark Ettinger, Vice President of Linguistic Systems, offered: “Along with our advanced Ai and machine translation technology, we’ve always viewed our human translation and post-editing quality as a core strength — even in an automated world. The ISO 18587 Certification validates that assertion for customers.”
Linguistic Systems’ ISO certifications can be viewed at the following links:
- ISO 9001 Certification — Quality Management Systems
- ISO 17100 Certification — Translation Quality Management Systems
- ISO 18587 Certification — Machine Translation Post-Editing
- ISO 27100 Certification — Information Security Management Systems
For more information, visit AiTranslate.com.
Linguistic Systems, Inc. “LSI” (Linguist.com) is a Boston-based premier translation services company founded by Martin Roberts, Linguistic Systems CEO, in 1967. The company offers advanced machine translation technology, a network of 7,500 carefully screened translation professionals, 6 translation quality options, and 50+ years of deep language translation expertise across multiple industries.
Sales & Client Service Contact
Mark Ettinger, Vice President
1 (617) 528-7444
Boris Katsevman, Vice President of Engineering
1 (617) 528-7455
Harry Kelley, Director of Marketing
1 (617) 528-7410